Sunday, October 19, 2014

sunday snippets.

playing along with {tinniegirl} and her sunday snippets.

a few pictures, and some words, summing up the week that just was.



friday night was spent at finder's keepers and it was the PERFECT way to end the working week. it was lovely to swan around, saying hey to people i knew and checking out everyone's amazing wares. there seemed to be quite a few completely new stalls which was awesome!

post market fun, myself did a friend, headed into the city to grab some dinner...



i had been wanting to go to broth'l since they opened their doors. the idea of a zero waste restaurant is awesome and very well executed.
i loved every second of the experience, trying out kombucha for the first time, and getting to watch our dinner being prepared right in front of us, all the while checking out the shelves of pickles and vinegars and supplies. so awesome!

one of my purchases from the market was put to good use in the sunshine yesterday,



i planted out a bunch of watermelon seeds, and have sussed out the best place to set up the sunflowers as well (everywhere, they're going everywhere!). the beetroot will need a soaking before they go in, and also something to be planted into! i used up all my potting mix supplies repotting all of my rose cuttings, oops!

this guy was sure helpful with my gardening efforts...



jumping out at me while i was pulling weeds, scaring the absolute pants off me! so helpful!

and in slightly annoying news...



my oven is being a crank tank! 2 and a bit hours in the oven yesterday, and this is what i got! harrumph!!!

my sourdough starter has sadly gone BACK into the fridge, after months of getting used daily. not happy jan!
though maybe now i have room in my life to make my own kombucha ha ha!

what have you been up to this week? have you tried kombucha before? or made your own? did you head to finders keepers too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Where's broth'l located? Thanks! :) nice blog (y)