Thursday, March 7, 2013

my creative space.

for the last few months, i've been trying to think up someway to store my seemingly endless collection of glasses.

i thought about maybe hanging them on a coathanger... or sewing up an elaborate pocket sleeve hanging...

all of these thoughts were going around in my head, spinning around in idea land, and then last night, i saw sampson use this...



... my neat line of glasses, arranged on my dresser, like a set of bowling pins.
GAH!
necessity being the mother of invention that it is, had me come up with this...



a cheap suction cup toilet roll holder, stuck on the mirror above my dresser.
devil cat can't reach it, and it will hopefully stop the dust settling on my lenses!

oh, and if you were thinking it looks a little plain and boring, have no fear!
i have some decorative plans in mind... it's time to get my yarn bomb on!


what are you getting up to creatively today? pop over to village voices to check out more creative spaces!

2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Are those glasses just for fun or do you actually need them to see? I wear contacts during the day and glasses at night -- always have a hard time picking out a pair that looks right on me. I also require reading glasses now so have one funky purple paisley pair that I use. Have a great weekend. Tammy

Lyndel said...

great idea, but come on....'fess up- there are more than 6 pair in your collection, or are they the only ones with 'working' lenses?