Tuesday, February 16, 2010

wooly times.

yesterday i tipped out my wool basket. i've been meaning to do it for a while. it's been sitting under my dresser, dribs and drabs hanging down the side, getting under my feet while i do my hair or moisturise or put my face on.
so out it came, all over the lounge room floor.
tangled and unravelled and messy and untidy and horrid.
3 hours later, i'd re-rolled all the balls, sorted them out into colours.


much better don't you think?
i then preceded to sort out 10 beanies worth. and then tied them together. yup, beanie season is almost upon me again. and this year im going to submit 10! no excuses!!!
my fingers have been itching for a little while now to get click-clacking some needles together, mainly inspired by clara's knitted lovelies and the knitting olympics . i would really have liked to do something for the knitting olympics but i really quite fail at organisation. i can knit a beanie in 2 days if i'm motivated so it's not really an "citius, altius, fortius" type deal. and i fail at following knitting patterns. oh well, next year, er, the year after that i guess...

in any case, stay tuned for beanie bonanza... and maybe a little big blankie ripply update, it's getting quite big now.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

I demand to see baby ripple in the next post! I can't believe you spent 3 hours unravelling wool. I really need to tidy up sewing area but just keep trying to ignore!